Who we are and what we do

We were registered in October 2017

We are a specialist pro bono legal advice charity for all victims of domestic abuse in the Sussex area

Any victim of domestic abuse, irrespective of race, gender, or ability.

No, if you think you may be eligible for Legal Aid, please search for a Legal Aid Solicitor near you: https://www.lawsociety.org.uk

The main body of our work is protective injunctions called Non-Molestation Orders (find out more here), but we also help with Child Arrangements Orders and Occupation Orders.

No, but we can arrange a call with you.

No, it is entirely free.

This number fluctuates, but it is currently around 36.

No, not at this time.

No, unfortunately not. We recommend Refuge, or your local CAB if you cannot afford a solicitor or financial advisor.

We do not, but we recommend you speak to your GP who may be able to advise you of the best place to access this.


We accept referrals from the police, NHS, Mental Health Services, Victim Support, Refuge, Safe in Sussex, The Portal, Social Services, and the Local authority to name a few. We also accept referrals from other charities and self referrals. You can contact us here.

We aim to have made initial contact with the person referred within 48 hours. At busy times however, this may take longer. Please be patient with us, we are trying our best.

We receive around 300 to 500 referrals a month, although sometimes it has exceeded this.

Non-Molestation Orders

A protective injunction to stop unwanted contact and harassment which goes through the family courts.

Yes, please see our page on Non Molestation Orders [here] and contact us [here]

This depends on how busy we are and how busy the court centre of your choosing is. Standardly, it will take between three and eight weeks, with emergencies being quicker. The time frame can take longer sometimes if the Order sought is contested, or includes an Occupation Order. It is almost impossible to give an exact time frame due to the differences each case has.

No. The prison will not release the person you want the Order against from prison to attend a family court matter.